Men’s underwear guide part 3

Men’s underwear guide part 3

Underwear is one of the most private and personal decisions in menswear because only very few people will see it, yet it is worn every day, all day, right next to the skin.

Underwear today, number 2:

Some claim that whenever the economy tanks, men stop buying new underwear first because they are not public garments. While some critics laughed off this theory, men’s underwear sales drop significantly during an economic downturn.

Underwear styles and types, number 1:

Underwear comes in many different styles and most men usually settle on one style of underwear and keep wearing that same style no matter the activity. Some enjoy the comfort and security of briefs, others prefer the freedom of boxers, and many opt for boxer briefs. Others prefer thongs and g-strings. About 90% of all underwear sold today are briefs and boxer briefs. However, because every man needs underwear, even the remaining 10% represents a huge market. That aside, rather than wearing the same style of underwear all day every day, it would make sense to wear a different style when traveling, working out at the gym or when wearing trim denim or trousers.

Underwear styles and types, number 2: Boxer shorts

Boxer shorts are loose and offer little support. They come with an elastic waistband and a button fly and straight leg openings with a short inseam. Good things about them: they are loose and airy, they are usually made of absorbent cotton, and they are good for sleeping. Bad things about them: they have a tendency to bunch up underneath clothing, they have too much fabric to work well with skinny jeans or trim cut pants, they are not supportive enough for physical activities and cotton-covered gathered elastic waistband can be less comfortable than a flat elastic waistband.

  Loading...